Friday, December 21, 2007

School's Out!



It was a bit of a bittersweet day here in the Winn home. As you can tell by the title, another semester ended today, Jarom's 23rd here at BYU. He thinks that he did pretty well (Optimistically all A's and A-'s). He is a little upset though, because in one class he ended up exactly .67 short of an A. He asked the teacher if there was any possibility of doing extra credit to make up that 2/3 of a point and was told no. Bummer. Lixi finished her final class (First Aid) and just has to survive one more semester of student teaching. She is getting used to her job and liking it a little more these days, although she is still not sure this is her final career path.

Today also marks my one year anniversary as a resident here in Provo. It was not celebrated at all because I am in the proverbial doghouse right now. There was an incident today where I made a mistake. It is feeding day, and as Lixi was putting me into my feeding cage, I got a little too excited and bit her hand, only briefly, before realizing that she does not taste good at all. In my defense, I hadn't eaten for over a week, and I would love to see any of you do that and not take a bite out of anything that looked even remotely like what you usually eat. Anyway, she cried (not from the pain, but from the emotional trauma of being bitten by her buddy) and I tried to apologize, but she isn't a parselmouth. Hopefully she will forgive me.

Jarom and Alixa also did some babysitting tonight for some friends. It was not very long and the kid was quite pleasant, so everyone had a good time. It did remind Lixi that she wants a baby of her own. Who knows how long Jarom can keep avoiding that. It was also sad because their friends whose child it is will be leaving for Kansas after Christmas. So this was the last time that they will see them for a while. That is the really sad part about school; you make great friends, but the probability of ending up in the same place is not high. I guess that is why God invented facebook.

I will be locked up for the next few weeks while Jarom and Lixi visit their families on the east coast, so have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

No comments: