Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring is in the Air





How lazy I have been. It has been three weeks since my last entry. Things have continued to go well here in Provo. It is getting warmer and warmer, which is great. School is getting closer and closer to the end, also great. Jarom and Alixa are keeping busy with school and their respective high school coaching duties. Jarom is helping the MountainView lacrosse team, and Lixi is coaching the sophomore softball team at PG. They are both having a good time and the teams are doing OK.



In the last entry Jarom's basketball team was about to play JD's in the intramural playoffs. They lost. It was an embarrassing game that they did not deserve to win because they played pretty poorly (Jarom missed 4 or 5 layups), but the officiating was quite horrendous, even by intramural standards. 3 players fouled out and one hurt an ankle, so the game ended with 4 playing 4. So the only thing that Jarom has left is flag football. His team finished the regular season without winning a game, but they won their first playoff game despite only having 7 players the entire game (thus forcing them to play 7 on 9). They played well and were lucky that the other team didn't seem to figure out how to take advantage of the numbers until the second half, when they were already down 12-0. The team held on for a 19-13 win on Jarom's game winning 60 yard touchdown catch and run.

Jarom is still trying to get into grad schools, and Lixi is working hard to get him there. She does a lot of application stuff for him, which he really appreciates. There are 3 more schools that they are looking at, Old Dominion, Georgia State, and Tennessee. I'll keep you updated.

Other than that, we are just preparing for spring break (Lixi goes home to Cleveland this weekend) and getting excited for graduation and the celebratory cruise that will follow. I also moved up from small to medium rats this week, which means that I had the biggest meal of my life. Lixi wants to start giving me rabbits, but I convinced her that I am not quite there yet.

For those interested, check out the new YouTube video on the sidebar about my cousin Lucky and his Cambodian buddy. Hopefully Jarom and Alixa will let me sleep with little Pixie and Dallas someday.

1 comment:

Four Winns said...

where do I find the aforementioned blog?