Monday, June 8, 2009

Estoy Lista

So, as you can all see from our baby snow globe to the right, Jenna is due in 12 days. This would be exciting news, except I am planning on her coming out on Wednesday. That is right, in two days. I have even packed my hospital bag and diaper bag just to make sure I am ready. This is probably optimistic because as of right now she is showing absolutely no signs of wanting to make her grand entrance into this world, but I feel like 10 days early is just perfect to have a baby. So, Wednesday it is. Now, if she doesn't come on Wednesday, then my new goal will be Saturday, which would be one week early. If she doesn't come on Saturday, I will have to do some recalculating, but I think these are good plans.


Hospital bag, packed and ready to go. Hopefully I get to use it this week


The pregnancy is going well. Still pretty uneventful. I did go to the doctor last week and they said Jenna was measuring smaller than she should be compared to the last weeks measurements so they are worried about her fluid levels. If she is small again this week then more tests will be done and they will see what is up. I am sure she is fine. I think she is just nestling down into my pelvis more and more every day (my bladder tells me this is true) and she was just in a funny position. I suppose we shall see on Wednesday. I think all of her fluid has managed to find its way down to my right foot. It is as big as a bowling ball. Not my left foot, just my right. Pregnancy is awesome.


As you can see, the left is a little puffy, the right is HUGE!!!

I was talking to Jarom the other day and I realized that I won't be pregnant for forever. I had gotten to a point where I really thought I would like this for the rest of my life. Then I realized it was only a temporary condition and I got really excited. I know I wont look like I did ten months ago, but I wont be quite so robust around the middle and that is pretty darn exciting.

Everyone got home from the Bahamas yesterday so I am no longer alone during the day now. It is weird but nice to have a houseful of people again although I did have an enjoyable week last week. They all said they had a wonderful time in the Bahamas and that we totally missed out. Look at me already making sacrifices for my child. I am such a great mother.

Well, I will keep you posted on stuff and make sure that you check back on Wednesday for the grand post of baby girl Jenna! And if she isn't here on Wednesday, check back Saturday.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

ALIXA!! Oh my gosh your ankles!!! When you push on them does it indent and stay...my sister in laws ankles did and so she had to have them elevated like all day for about 2 weeks. ugh! I am SOOOO excited to see pics of little Jenna so very soon! You are going to finally meet her!!! That is so exciting!

Justin and Coralie said...

I hope she gets here soon! :) Pregnancy does a number on our bodies, huh? Good luck with everyone! You're going to be a great mama (and Jarom will be a great dad!). It's so fun. Enjoy it! She'll be here soon!

Amanda said...

I'm not going to lie, that picture is gross. I think that's probably the grossest thing about being pregnant. By far. I don't miss that at all. Keep those feet up. Amazing enough, it all goes away as soon as you pop that kid out. Call me some time.

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Hopefully she comes Wednesday! Stay positive! My girl was a week late and I thought it was the end of the world. I even drank caster oil. DONT DO IT! Can't wait to see pictures of her!

Erin_C said...

Yay for baby Jenna. Excited to see her;-)

and I'm glad you see light at the end of the tunnel now that you're ten days out (errr . . . 2 days out). I've recently decended into the hopeless this-is-never-gonna-end darkness. glad to know it gets better;-)

cameo said...

I will be praying she comes tomorrow. I am so excited for you. Cute pedi, by the way. I need someone to go with. Mandy won't.

Carolyn said...

I hope Jenna goes along with your plans! For me, those last few weeks of pregnancy just pass by so slowly, waiting for that baby to come. I hope everything goes well - we can't wait to meet your little girl!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

I can't believe it's so close!!! It just seems like yesterday we were with you guys! We are coming up to Delaware on Thursday or Friday! I hope I get to see cute Jenna while we are there! Keep drinking tons of water even though your poor ankles are swelling up!! See you soon! I am so excited for you guys!

Stacey said...

My feet looked exactly the same during my first pregnancy!! Luckily the cool spring and summer have helped my feet stay a normal size.
Like you I also am planning on Saturday for the grand entrance of my bun in the oven!! If you ever move back to Utah our girls will have to become bff's!!!!
Best of Luck!!

McKenzie said...

Hmmm...it is Wednesday. Any luck yet? I am at home laying down like I will be for the next few weeks. I am also planning on early labor. I'm planning on June 22. I doubt it'll work like that ,but we'll see.

Erin_C said...

Ummmm . . . you guys need to post every day because if its been a few days we wonder if its because you have a new baby. So post every day and when you miss a day we'll know you had her. Good plan.

Nat-a-baby said...

Oh my goodness.. Your poor Feet!! And you couldn't go to the Bahamas?!? You are a good mother already. Good luck this week! I'm sure you are anxious, but also a little bit nervous. I hope it all goes well for you. I look foward to hearing about little Jenna soon!