Thursday, June 18, 2009

Eviction Notice

Jarom took a half day today and went with Alixa to the doctors office for her regularly scheduled appointment. Because she took some Nyquil Monday evening and put the baby to sleep for a few days, the appointment stretched a little bit longer. Several machines were strapped onto her to measure the baby's vitals and see if she is healthy and moving, which she is. Alixa has made no progress in the last 4 weeks towards having a baby, so the discussion turned to induction. The due date is Saturday, so everything has been set up to begin inducing labor Monday evening if labor doesn't start on it's own. Lix isn't super thrilled about inducing, but she'll be overdue and placentas start to break down, so hopefully it will go well and she won't have to get a C-section, which is her biggest concern.

7 comments:

J & J said...

oh man. i hope jenna comes soon! don't worry alix--everything will be perfect. i just know it. i'm so excited for you. and i LOVE the name choice...i pretend it's after me. HA!

Unknown said...

thank you for the update! I will be thinking of you Lixa! Everything will be just great! Before Sunday you'll have a baby!!! The one good thing about a C-sections (if it happens) is that it takes 15 minutes from start to finish! According to my visiting teacher who went into thorough detail about her C-section during her last visit! haha :-)

Stacey said...

Out Baby!! Out!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I have heard inductions suck!!

Amanda said...

No matter what happens, you'll be just fine. My c-section was great since I was scared out of my mind of trying to push that kid out. Plus then you don't have to worry about tearing, stretching, and all that gross stuff that I'll stop talking about now. :) It's almost like I was never pregnant. Love it. And you can hardly see the scar. When I had Wes, they had me on pitocin to speed up labor, just like they will if you're induced. I think most people are given it unless they come to the hospital dilated to a 10. You don't want to be in labor for 15 hours. That would suck worse. Good luck! Post pictures!

Justin and Coralie said...

Good luck with everything! We're thinking about and praying that all will go well :)

cameo said...

Oh man, I can't imagine that wait! I am so sorry! I can't wait.

Erin_C said...

Don't know if you'll get this, but by this time tomorrow--you'll probaby have a BABY!! (unless you have one already?) yay!! hope all goes well! You're almost done. Like, for reals almost done. So jealous. You'll do great!