Sunday, May 24, 2009

Getting Ready for Baby!


Jarom, I mean Mitch, never writes enough about baby stuff, so I thought I would take up the slack and do a baby post. I can't even believe that I am due in less than four weeks. Pregnancy hasn't been as fun as I thought it would be, but it hasn't been as bad as everyone has told me it would be, either. After all, I hardly ever got sick and although I have gained a TON of weight, I am only now feeling slightly uncomfortable. Overall it has been an enjoyable nine months.

I went to the doctor last week and they said I am well on my way to delivering. I know this could still be weeks, but it makes me feel like I am progressing towards something. I have decided that I will just go walking a lot in the heat until I go into labor. I figure that should work. I have been walking 4-5 times a week for about two miles each time since we got to Delaware. It is tough because Jarom's parents live on a huge hill, but it is good for Jenna and me and I enjoy the early morning hours. It is funny, but I cant sleep in anymore. I wake up by 7:30 or 8 everyday and I wake up 2-3 times a night to use the restroom. I guess this is my body's way of preparing me to feed a newborn.

I am now going to the doctor every week which is kind of a pain in the rear because the hospital is now 30 minutes away from where I live and the parking is TERRIBLE. Last time it took me 10 minutes just to find a parking spot and I was even looking way far away. And although it isn't nearly as nice as the hospital and doctor I had in Tennessee, it seems nice enough so hopefully all will go smoothly with labor and delivery. I am not really scared of delivery, just petrified of having any complications. Pray for me!!!

Since we have been in Delaware, I have been keeping myself busy enough. I went to Baby's R Us and got some essentials for when Jenna arrives. We got a case of diapers, a car seat, a case of baby wipes, some bottles, and other necessities. All I can say is wow are diapers expensive. I almost considered using cloth diapers but then I realized that is disgusting and I don't know how my mother-in-law did it with so many kids but I guess disposable diapers are worth the cost. I do love my new car seat though. I wonder if it will look as cute when Jenna throws up all over it.

Well, I will keep you posted on the pregnancy and hopefully we will have pictures of our beautiful baby girl really soon!

7 comments:

Justin and Coralie said...

Cute carseat! We'll be praying for you... delivery will go great! We're so excited to see pictures of baby Jenna. Enjoy your last little while of pregnancy :)

Stacey said...

Sounds like you are on the right path!!! You will be such an awesome mom!!! I can totally empathize with you on the lack of sleeping comfortably and having to go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times a night. Oh what a joy but well worth it in the end.

Carolyn said...

I can't wait to see your little girl! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and feeling okay. It would be a pain to drive that far to the doctor.

I love your car seat!

Mama Winn said...

Whatever. Cloth diapers weren't that bad. My grandma had a hand wringer washing machine for her cloth diapers, and the grandmas before that had to wash them out in the streams as they walked across the plains picking up buffalo chips so they could build a fire to cook their dinner of the chicken that they caught, killed, plucked, cleaned and prepared. I think I did okay. Can't wait for Miss Jenna Jolene to make her arrival!

Erin_C said...

Woa I guess I didn't realize you were so close to your due date! So exciting! Can't wait to hear about your all-natural delivery and all I will be missing out on;-)

cameo said...

I am so excited to see Jenna! Love the name, by the way. I kind of didn't realize how close you are to having her. I will indeed be praying for you. You still planning on the natural child-birth? If so, I will pray extra hard! I am sad we are not going out there. :(

Kira said...

Hey Alixa- I;m so excited for you! I just had a baby girl about 8 weeks ago, and I love it! I was just going to tell you that we bought a bunch of the babies R us diapers, and we love them! I like them better than both pampers and huggies, I feel like the just hold more urine in them then the other brands. I dont have to change diapers as often with the Babies R US diapers. Anyways I'm really excited for you!