Sunday, November 18, 2007

Turkey Day's a'comin



It has been a relatively uneventful week here in the Winn home, but I wanted to write and express my thanks to those of you who have voted for me in the current poll. Even though it has hurt Jarom and Lixi’s feelings, I am happy with the results thus far. Thanksgiving is coming up, which is OK I guess. Turkey isn’t really my bag, due to their size and all those disgusting feathers, but is always nice to have a few days off from work. Well, I don’t really have a job, so I guess it is the same as any other Thursday. But it does mean that I will be left alone again so that the others in the house can go to Delaware for the weekend. It should be a good time.

Safe Sets, our intramural volleyball team finished the regular season with four wins and only one loss, and we are hoping to make a strong run through the playoffs. Alixa is having a blast playing the sport that she loves the most, and Jarom has gone from being an idiot who has no idea what he is doing to an idiot who has some idea what he is doing in only a few short weeks. He actually scores a few points per game now, and Lixi doesn’t have to yell at him nearly as much now as she did in game 1. His 3-on-3 basketball team, the team formerly known as Sons of Abish (the BYU intramural office seems to have realized the hidden joke of this name and has removed it from the database, relegating us to the generic name Team [25]), finished the season without losing a single game and now will have to fight their way through the top division playoffs. Things are going much better now than they went for football and soccer earlier in the semester. Perhaps this will be the year that Jarom finally gets a t-shirt to prove that he is a good athlete.

No comments: