Monday, June 22, 2009

Just Kidding

So, you are all probably thinking that since we haven’t posted in a while that we have probably had our baby and have just been busy. Well you would be very, very wrong. There is still no baby and my induction for tonight has been moved to next week so the light at the end of the tunnel keeps moving farther away. I suppose she could still come on her own, which I am desperately hoping for. I am not incredibly uncomfortable, I just want her here SO bad. It is better this way because now I can actually try and have a natural childbirth whereas with the induction it would be more painful and drawn out and has a much higher risk of C-section. So, it is good, but frustrating. I was kind of expecting a baby today. It is hard when you have a plan and you read all the books and you know exactly how you want it to go and then it doesn’t go that way, or at least it takes a lot longer to go that way. I guess I have learned my lesson. No more expecting things, no more planning. Kids come when they want to come. I am very lucky to have such a great support system that is so sympathetic like Jarom and my parents and my in-laws. My mother-in-law felt so bad for me she scheduled me a maternity massage. Maybe that will get the ball rolling.

My sister-in-law Annie, who wasn’t due until June 25th went and had her baby on MY due date. That’s right, June 20th she welcomed the first Winn grandson into the world. So, not only did she get to have her baby first, she also had to trump me by having a boy. The Winns already have like a thousand granddaughters. What a lousy day. Actually it wasn’t that bad. He is a cute kid and he and mom are healthy and I suppose congratulations are in order. Whatever. After we visited them in the hospital, we went to have what we thought would be our last meal, just the two of us, at the Cheesecake factory. It was a fabulous meal and I quite enjoyed it. Unfortunately, we will be having more meals, just Jarom and me.

In happier news, I got to get my hair cut last week and I think it looks great. It is my new mom do. I have also been doing crafts to keep me busy. I figure if I get good enough at them then I can be like my friend Amanda and have an on-line shop. I have made super cute bow holders and I painted Jenna’s name to put up in her room. Next on my list is learning to make bows and headbands and maybe some knitting. I think along with baby quilts and sewing, I might have something people would want to buy.

I think this turned out uber cute


Extra pregnant, but cute hair, no?

I also had a baby shower last week thrown by the fabulous Karen Slaugh for the people in my new ward. They have all known Jarom for forever and I have started to make friends so it was really fun. Karen and her daughter Kim went all out and made the Quesadilla Explosion salad from Chili’s. It is like my favorite salad. The food was delicious and the company was great and now my daughter has every single clothing item from the Carter’s store. I love that store. They just got in their winter stuff and I can’t wait to go check it out. I have figured that my baby will need to wear at least three outfits a day to make sure she wears all of her 3 month clothes before she grows out of them. They are all so cute, I wish they could grow with her. I guess I will just have to have another girl down the road so she can wear them too.

Not a great picture, but it was the one that I looked the skinniest in

Jarom has kept himself busy with work and golf. He golfs about once a week and is getting much better. We have been watching the U.S. Open this weekend and it has been quite entertaining with all the rain. I really don’t think it is fair that poor Tiger had to golf in the awful conditions on Monday with a few other people and everyone else got to wait for better weather. He is so amazing, though, he is coming back and has managed to reclaim a spot on the leader board. It is a long shot, but I am rooting for him! Jarom also got to go to the Phillies game last Friday with his dad. They had awesome seats, front row behind home plate. If you were watching the game, you would have seen them on TV a lot. We recorded it so we could watch them watch the game. It was pretty cool. Jarom said it was really neat and they got special treatment and free food. I was jealous I couldn’t go, but there were only two tickets. Instead I got to go to the Proposal. It was a hilarious movie and I would highly recommend it to everyone; boys, girls, whatever. It is seriously funny.


As you can see, Jarom was very close to the action

Well, I hope all of your days are going better than mine. Pray for a baby that comes on her own before Monday. I need all the help I can get!

9 comments:

Justin and Coralie said...

The end is the worst. It's definitely a roller coaster of emotions when you think this MIGHT be the day! But, we are praying for a healthy baby and smooth delivery (and some sanity beforehand!). Good luck with everything. Your haircut looks great and I am very impressed with your crafty skills. It turned out so cute.

Good luck with everything!

Erin_C said...

Just kidding . . . you won't have a baby by this time tomorrow. Or maybe you will;-) Hopefully she's ready to come soon. You're in our thoughts and prayers. How could she not want to come with such cute letters spelling out her name?

Natalie said...

I am SOO sorry! It is one thing to wait, but to be told she's coming and then still have to wait is like, CRUEL!! On the flip side you look very cute! I love your hair and your crafts are amazing! We will keep praying for Jenna to make a speedy and natural (should I add pain free?) entrance!

Stacey said...

I am so sorry!! I hope she will find her way here soon for you. I know exactly how you are feeling!! Good Luck!!!

Unknown said...

you little trickster!!!I thought I was going to pull up your blog and see new pics of little Jenna! Oh well....soon enough right! Just keep holdin' on! It'll be over soon! Hopefully! :-)

Katie said...

I'm so sorry to hear your induction date was moved back. I wanted to go natural with Ben (having been induced with Sarah) and they finally induced on his nineth day overdue, so I can relate. I hope it goes better for you and she chooses to come on her own. On the flip side he was only a 45 minute labor, probably due to how late he was. Hopefully your labor will be much the same. We're excited to see pictures of her. Good luck and hang in there.

Amanda said...

WHAAAT! No baby!! The heck! I've been thinking about you all day. I almost called to see if I could talk to Jenna, but then I thought you'd be in the hospital all day so I didn't. I'm sending wishes of real contractions and tons of labor pain your way. :) Your hair is way cute by the way. Love the mommy 'do. If you need help starting an etsy shop, let me know. I'm very impressed with your crafting skills.

cameo said...

That royally sucks! I am so sorry and will definitely pray for you. And your bow holder does look amazing! Good job. I am jealous that you are not working...my dream. Love you!

Nat-a-baby said...

Alixa!!! When will this baby Jenna come? I am so sorry you are going over your due date. I was glad to read that you are not terribly uncomfortable though. I think that is what would make it so awful. I'm glad that you had a fun baby shower too. AND way to go on the cutie crafts!! Keep up the good work! They look awesome! I'll keep checking back for pictures of your new little squirt.